1 in 2 worlds - day tote
Right from the start I knew I wanted an “imperfect” drawing. I wanted to loosely base it off my maternal ancestor – not to be her, but to carry a part of her and a part of a woman today. Basic, black and white with only pops of colour. The drawing took to its own life and shape, I didn’t plan on having 2 lipsticks but when there was only one, it didn’t feel “right”. As soon as I added the second lipstick I first thought to add a different colour but that wasn’t right either. Red. I suddenly realised that she carries two worlds within her hands. To me, it represents 2 worlds: Inuit life pre-contact and todays modern influence. We often battle which we are living. As if these 2 collide and cannot co-exist. But really they do co-exist, we carry our ancestors with us everyday. We are here because of them. Yet we are born in a different time and a very different way of living. We hold both “worlds” in our hand like two shades of red lipstick. It is okay to own more than one red lipstick – different brands, textures, finish; and yet they are both in the end – red lipstick. 1 in 2 worlds. I want to edit and change it still, and I am eating my own words. I did not intend for her to be “perfect”. She is.Our super stretchy day tote is ready to handle anything you throw in it! Amazing for carrying a change of clothes, a quick trip to the grocery store, or as your biking go-to bag.
• Tote made from a soft, supple double knit neoprene fabric, 92% polyester, 8% spandex
• Printed inside and out with a vivid print that will never fade
• Easy adjustable 44” strap
• Strong metal hardware and professional bar tacking
• Each day tote is printed and sewn by hand in Montreal, Canada
• Easy care, machine wash in cold water with a phosphate-free detergent, or spot clean, print can be scrubbed and washed with soap, hang to dry, do not bleach